Colossians 3:11 states, "Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all."
Center Church has been a staple in the Fawn Township community for nearly 150 years, and has had a building on the same area of grass for just as long. There is a long and vibrant history of serving Christ here. We are proud to carry the history of Center Church with us, and honor those who have served Christ in this community before us. Our ministry is not confined to our church building, and we can define our ministry in many ways.
We can choose to define our ministry in…
- Love: this is not toleration of another, but fully embracing everyone we meet as a brother or sister.
- Service: selflessly giving to those in need, as we serve others before ourselves.
- Transformation: becoming a new being in Christ, and working toward transforming this world.
- Mission: we look to foreign nations, and to our brothers and sisters down the street, to find areas in need of Christ.
- Future: finding how far Center Church can reach in this community.
All of these are part of being defined in:
"Christ is all, and is in all." Being defined in Christ crosses all national, social, racial, economic and generational lines. No two followers look, speak, pray, think or worship the same, and that is the joy of being defined in Christ.
At Center, we come from all different walks of life, but we serve as one, because we serve One.
Grace and Peace,
Rev. C. Drew Myers
Pastor, Center UMC